Kiip Up #35: Meredith Joins the Moments Marketing Movement
It’s been an eventful month here at Kiip with SXSW around the corner, so let’s dive right in.
Kiip Press and Happenings
- PBS featured Kiip in a Frontline documentary, calling us “a seamless blend of marketing, media and everyday life”. Jump to 45:30 to see our section.
- I was honored to be named to Business Insider’s “30 Most Creative People in Advertising Under 30”.
- Our work with Sour Patch Kids continues to rack up accolades. The latest feature is from Bloomberg Businessweek reporting on the double-digit rise in sales of our favorite sweet and sour candy.
- My first contributed post to Pando is about why copycat businesses are the best thing to happen to your company.
- BNN, Canada’s top business news channel, had me on twice this past month. In the first segment we discuss Kiip, and in the second our Meredith partnership and the state of digital marketing.
- I talked with Elite Daily about being “drunk” on goals as part of their “Startup from the Bottom” series. Check out the video of me with some cool pan shots/shadows.
- Clarity checked back in with me to catch up on the latest happenings with Kiip.
Latest Notable Partnerships
- In case you missed it, we announced a partnership with Meredith Corporation, the women’s publishing giant, to power moments marketing in their mobile apps. Meredith notes Kiip has already increased users’ activity in Must-Have Recipes from the Better Homes and Gardens app, and you’ll soon be seeing Kiip rewards in the Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app as well. Check out what Adweek, Digiday, MediaPost and Mobile Marketer had to say about the deal.
Upcoming Events to Catch Kiip
- SXSW is days away, so RSVP to our Kiip Never Sleeps party, featuring the one and only Biz Markie. See you in Austin!
- Speaking of South By, be sure to stop by my SXSW talk “Mobile Zen: The Data Behind Happiness”.
- Coming back to Canada on March 6th to sit down for a fireside chat with Startup Grind Vancouver. Hope to see you there!
Without further ado, here are our favorite links from the past few weeks:
- Mobile shopping is on the rise, especially at brick-and-mortars like Walmart. The company’s SVP of mobile and digital revealed to The Atlantic that more than half of its customers are driven to Walmart.com by their mobile devices. Walmart actually has more than 1,500 employees in Silicon Valley working on making the in-store shopping experience feel like the Internet. The m-commerce takeover is here.
- Banner ads were once supposed to save Web publications, but we know how that’s turned out. Digiday opines that the future of the mobile banner appears equally bleak, as big-brand advertisers simply don’t want to buy banners due to the poor user experience and meager revenues. What's left for media publishers to do? We might have an idea…
- Last thing, check out this in-depth profile of Zeenoh Games, a small indie game developer in the Philippines and one of our first Build Fund winners.
Thanks for reading!
Brian Wong, CEO
More from Kiip
This month’s report analyzes the need for blockchain in advertising.
- What are the major issues the digital industry faces today?
- How to solve for ad fraud?
- How to grab the attention of consumers in a mobile environment?
- When are mobile users most […]
As temperatures drop and moments shift indoors, Viewing moments rise across mobile devices and connected TVs. This is great news for advertisers. Yet, connected TV advertising works better for some brands than for others. Learn everything you need to […]
Fifty-seven percent say they will host family or friends this Holiday season. Brands, learn how to reach the holiday planner in this month's M.I.C. Drop!