Every month, we profile a Kiiper so you can get to know our team a little better.Keep Reading →
It’s been a rewarding month here at Kiip. Let’s find out why.
Kiip Press & Happenings
- Cannes Lions has come and gone, but not without Kiip taking the wraps off our joint study with IPG Media Lab. Revealed on-stage by myself and IPG Media Lab Managing Partner Chad Stoller, the research showcases the superiority of moment-based rewards over banner ads and is the biggest validation of our moments marketing model to date.
- Check out the study for yourself or read what Marketing magazine, BizReport, ITBusiness, The Hub, Warc and Telecompaper had to say about the groundbreaking findings. Mobile Marketer also profiled the study as part of new trend in marketing where brands seek meaningful, emotional engagements with their audiences.
- Serving as a juror on the Innovation committee at Cannes was a blast. Check out my three favorite innovations and my thoughts on the experience with ClickZ. Our #KiipYachtParty was also pretty epic, hope everyone had a good time.
- It was great to be back in Canada for the iMedia Summit in Montreal. Check out a video of me talking about why Canada is a great testing place for marketers as well a contributed post to iMedia about why brands need to move beyond real-time marketing and embrace real-time needs addressing. You can also check out my presentation on leveraging moments from the mobile home screen.
- Super stoked Kiip was honored as one of the top 10 start-ups in San Francisco.
- I did a Q&A with GeoMarketing about Kiip’s successes and mobile’s challenges.
- Finally, be sure to check out to poke around our newly redesigned site. Huge congrats goes out to the entire team for taking on this massive project.
Without further ado, here are our favorite links from the past few weeks:
- The New York Times published an in-depth piece on Yahoo’s new ad strategy. While I wasn’t a big fan of their latest move, the industry is stronger when Yahoo is meaningfully innovating, so here’s to hoping they can lead the charge.
- Developers, you might want to start building Fire Phone apps. Amazon is offering developers guaranteed ad rates of $6 per every thousand impressions to design apps for the company’s new smartphone. (By comparison, interstitial ads were averaging $2.99/1,000 impressions last fall.) While I’m disappointed that the offer only applies to full-screen interstitial ads, we’re always pro developers-getting-paid.
- Last but not least, are you Yo-ing?
Thanks for reading!
Brian Wong, CEO
More from Kiip
As temperatures drop and moments shift indoors, Viewing moments rise across mobile devices and connected TVs. This is great news for advertisers. Yet, connected TV advertising works better for some brands than for others. Learn everything you need to […]
Fifty-seven percent say they will host family or friends this Holiday season. Brands, learn how to reach the holiday planner in this month's M.I.C. Drop!
Holiday shopping begins early. In fact, 58% plan to finish their Holiday shopping before December. Who are consumers shopping for and how much are they spending? Check out the August M.I.C. Drop to find out!