Our Developers collaborate on system reliability, architecture, and code quality; create and contribute to large open source projects, like Vagrant; code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Go, Java, C); and embrace the right tool for the right job.
The primary focus of this position is: (1 Advanced System Analysis, Architecture & Implementation (2) Deployment, Modification, Documentation, and Best Practices.
Advanced System Analysis, Architecture & Implementation
- Collaborate on system reliability and architecture quality
- Scale, process, and analyze user data by:
- Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs, and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes
- Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity while working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Contribute ideas and solutions as needed
- Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialties
- Perform updates to existing software systems, rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Write useful maintainable, and extensible Kiip source code that allow its computer applications and software programs to function properly, in a variety of programming languages
- Utilize solid understanding of algorithms, data structures and computer science fundamentals in order to take ownership of a project throughout its full programming lifecycle.
- Support distributed systems design and architecture.
- Perform troubleshooting and systems tuning.
- Work with cross-functional development teams to scale software.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from product management, and designers.
- Interface with the User Interface and Developers to absorb the latest trends and emerging technologies.
- Apply knowledge of technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Spark, Redshift, DynamoDB, Celery.
- Languages: Python, Go and C, Java.
Deployment, Modification, Documentation, and Best Practices
- Contribute ideas and solutions as needed as Kiip's products are developed through 2017 and beyond. Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialties.
- Work with management to scope and plan program design efforts.
- Present ideas clearly to senior members of the Engineering Division and constructively analyze feedback to incorporate it into the final product.
- Anticipate issues, feedback, and tasks, and drive them based upon own initiative.
- Communicate research findings as appropriate for each project.
- Collaborate with other Kiip teams as needed to address escalated coding issues.
- Produce detailed design documents that meet corporate, department and industry standards
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities or status
Reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science or a closely related field
Experience: One year of experience as a software developer/analyst
Skills/special requirements – Experience or coursework must include the following:
- Work with large, distributed production and/or data systems
- Work with data structures
- Write algorithms
- Troubleshoot code performance
- Participate in cross-functional development teams
Any suitable combination of education and experience will be accepted. Experience can be gained concurrently. Resume and/or cover letter must reflect all requirements or it will be rejected. No relocation benefits. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $140,000 annually plus benefits
Apply online here and email resume to email@example.com