Keep Reading →
Had an amazing time at the Dublin Web Summit last week. It truly is eye-opening to see the European tech scene come alive.
This next week I’ll be spending time in D.C. at the Digital Capital Week event held by Peter Corbin and the iStrategy Labs crew. My session is going to be around innovative mobile marketing and how it’s taken shape over the past year. It’s going to be a lot of fun - those of you who we haven’t had a chance to connect with in DC, let’s catch up!
My co-founder, Courtney Guertin, will also be taking the stage at the Dow Jones FastTech50 Event in Redwood City, CA on Tuesday this coming week to represent our spot on the coveted list. We’re honored to be there and we can’t wait to share a bit of what we have in store for the coming months.
Without further ado, here are our favorite links from the past week:
- Although this industry may be young, mobile ad spending in the U.S. is expected to increase six fold over the next five years by more than $47 billion! Location-based marketing, also made possible by mobile devices, is on the up and up as well. Check out these companies that have found ways to innovate in the mobile marketing world.
- And what will they think of next? We can already use our smartphones to interact with our TV screens, and now we’ll be able to use them to interact with movie screens. The TimePlay app will allow Android, iOS and BlackBerry users to be a part of a shared social gaming experience in theaters, playing against fellow movie-goes for prizes from various brands. It’ll debut with a trial run in the greater Toronto area, and perhaps then it will come to a theatre near you.
- And the mobile revolution continues… 1 in 4 retailers now has a mobile app, a 24% increase from last year. For more great data on mobile apps and games, check out the blog from our friends at Flurry.
- But we all know that with innovation comes risk, and one of those risks is flat-out failure. Roger Dickey, of Mafia Wars, and I think you should learn to embrace failure as part of the road to bigger and better things. I talked to TechCunch’s Andrew Keen about it at FailCon; check it out here.
And with the holiday season approaching the best is yet to come from Kiip. Stay tuned.
More from Kiip
This month’s report analyzes the need for blockchain in advertising.
- What are the major issues the digital industry faces today?
- How to solve for ad fraud?
- How to grab the attention of consumers in a mobile environment?
- When are mobile users most […]
As temperatures drop and moments shift indoors, Viewing moments rise across mobile devices and connected TVs. This is great news for advertisers. Yet, connected TV advertising works better for some brands than for others. Learn everything you need to […]
Fifty-seven percent say they will host family or friends this Holiday season. Brands, learn how to reach the holiday planner in this month's M.I.C. Drop!