Insight of the Week: Teens Prioritize Spending on Snacks Over Anything Else

hot-dogs-nitrates-fd640186

When we think of summer, key images come to mind like hot nights, beach days with friends, and of course, the quintessential part-time jobs working minimum wage behind a register. But, as more industries go digital, how are teens adapting to this changing landscape? Some find innovative ways to make a few extra bucks, but a growing number opt to not work at all. How common are summer jobs among teens, and on what do they spend their hard earned cash? We asked the Kiip audience to find out.

Get insights to power your audience strategy with Kiip Surveys.

Take This Job and Shove It

About two-thirds (63%) of teens reported that they plan to work during the summer. The remaining third (37%) have no plans of working at all.

How far in advance do you plan your travel_ (5)

Burgers, Hot Dogs, and Fries, Oh my!

Teens spend the vast majority of their income on food (31%), followed by clothing (10%), concerts (10%), amusement parks (7%), video games (7%) and movies (6%). Other covered a large portion as well (29%) which could cover items like saving for the school year, trips, dates, or other activities.

How far in advance do you plan your travel_ (3)

Insights are powered by Kiip Surveys.

Want to know more about your audience? Email moments@kiip.me and schedule a meeting for an audience strategy session.

Tagged teens, summer

More from Kiip

The days are longer, the are nights warmer, and giant pool floaties are almost back in season. Because of the favorable weather, kids and college students being out of school, and its position half way across the calendar from the winter holidays, […]